I am a leading barrister specialising in healthcare law and regulation. I have vast experience in defending and representing all healthcare professionals in all courts and tribunals.
With my vast experience in healthcare regulation comes an understanding of the complexities of working in health and social care. I can provide health and social care professionals with high quality specialist advocacy and advisory services.
If you are a health or care professional facing issues with registration or have been referred to the Health Care Professionals Council (HCPC) for investigation I can help. I can defend and represent you at hearing and will take care of preparing your case.
If you have been notified by the HCPC that you’re under investigation or are facing difficulties with your registration, contact me today for an initial free and no obligation consultation on 0207 060 1983 or Stephen.McCaffrey@kingsviewchambers.com.
Health Care Professionals Council (HCPC)
The Health Care Professionals Council (HCPC) is the regulatory body for a variety of health care professionals covering 16 professions including:
- Arts Therapists
- Biomedical Scientists
- Chiropodists / Podiatrists
- Clinical Scientists
- Hearing Aid Dispensers
- Occupational Therapists
- Operating Department Practitioners
- Practitioner Psychologists
- Social Workers in England
- Speech and Language Therapists
I understand the anxieties faced by professionals facing HCPC hearings and sanctions. I pride myself in the pro-active approach I take to ensure I achieve the best possible outcome for you.
As a public access barrister you can instruct me directly to represent you. I also take instructions from a variety of defence professional associations and legal expenses insurers. If you have been referred to the HCPC, contact me today for an initial free and no obligation consultation on 0207 060 1983 or Stephen.McCaffrey@kingsviewchambers.com.
I can help with:
- HCPC fitness to practise referrals
- HCPC Conduct and Competence Committee Hearings
- HCPC Health Panel Hearings
- HCPC Panels regarding fraudulent entry
- Appeals against a HCPC Panel determination
- Interim Order hearings
- Appeals against an Interim Orders Panel determination
- Preparing your case for the Investigating Committee
- Registration advice
- Appeal against refusal of registration or re-registration
- Restoration to the Register
- Investigation and disciplinary hearings at work
- Criminal investigation and proceedings
- Police cautions
- DBS [Disclosure and Barring Service] issues
Contact Stephen today for a confidential free no obligation case conference.Contact Stephen
Recent Blog & Publications
The performance review of the GDC by the PSA has revealed that the GDC is only meeting 3 out of 5 standards of good regulation in fitness to practise.
General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) has confirmed no special take registration assessment arrangements for provisionally-registered pharmacists.